Doncaster Mind was formed in 1979 and is an independent local charity affiliated to National Mind, the leading mental health charity in England and Wales.
This means that we are part of the national network of over 200 Local Mind Associations (LMAs) across England and Wales, which gives us and our service users access to a wide range of information, resources, support and guidance. The Mind name is a recognised and trusted brand which we are proud to be a part of.
All Local Mind Associations are committed to the principles and vision of Mind, but every local Mind group has a unique and local identity.
Who we are:
- A local charity
- Run by local people
- Part of local mental health services
- Part of the local community
- Part of a national network
What we do:
- Provide Services and Support
- Take part in planning of local services
- Campaign for better services for people with mental health needs
- Provide information about mental health matters
- Challenge stigma and discrimination